1. Pigs are considered the fifth most intelligent animal in the world …. even more intelligent than dogs.. and are capable of playing video games with even more focus and success than chimps!
3. Chickens are able to recognize over 100 individual faces, not only of their fellow chickens, but also of humans.
4. Like humans, cows form close friendships. They choose to spend much of their time with two to four preferred companions.
5. Cows have great memories, and can learn and respond to their names.
6. Mother pigs sing to their young while nursing, and newborn piglets recognize their own names and run to their mothers’ voices.
7.Hens begin communicating with their chicks before they even hatch. When the babies are still inside their shells, the mother hen clucks softly to them and they chirp back.
8. Cows get excited when they solve problems. Upon successfully finding food hidden behind a closed door, their heartbeats go up. Cows also have a similarly happy response to being released after a long period of confinement.
9. Chickens use over 200 distinct noises for communication.
18. Goats communicate with each other by bleating. A mother goat and her baby, or “kid,” will recognize each other’s calls from the moment the baby is born.